FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE
Announcing Our Revolution Southern California has added PDA South Orange County!
September 9, 2019 – Mission Viejo, CA – Our Revolution Southern California, an unofficial chapter working towards establishing a Memorandum of Understanding with Our Revolution, has expanded its operations to include a charter with the Progressive Democrats of America (PDA). Our Revolution Southern California was formed to support all Southern California communities. This new extension will include a local PDA chapter focused on South Orange County activism and electoral politics, including State and Municipal elections under PDA-CA and Federal elections under PDA.
The overarching goal for the chapter is to provide educational opportunities, coordination, and logistical support for activism and electoral reforms.
We are excited to announce that this new chapter will be led by the following individuals:
- Chapter Leader: Jenna Beck, current acting chair of Our Revolution Southern California, We Want Bernie OC Team Lead for PDA, and proposal management professional.
- Outreach Coordinator: Jonathan Adler, acting parliamentarian for the Democratic Party of Orange County, Legislative Action Chair of Laguna Woods Democratic Club and of Concerned Citizens.
- Fundraising Coordinator: Farah Azar, attorney, and homelessness activist.
- Media / Social Media Coordinator: Chris McLaughlin, former Rancho Santa Margarita City Council candidate and Technical Support Supervisor.
- Letter Drop Coordinator: Wendie Pietarila, Event Chair of the Laguna Beach Relay for Life 2013 and 2014.
Of the people, for the people. Join us today!
About Our Revolution Southern California
Our Revolution Southern California is an independent, community-based chapter of Our Revolution. Our Revolution is a non-partisan organization that supports progressive activists, elected officials, and candidates at every level of government. By supporting candidates up and down the ballot, we aim to transform American politics to make our political and economic systems responsive to the needs of all American residents.
About Progressive Democrats of America
Progressive Democrats of America was founded in 2004 to transform the Democratic Party and our country. We seek to build a party and government controlled by citizens, not corporate elites-with policies that serve the broad public interest, not just private interests.
As a grassroots PAC operating inside the Democratic Party, and outside in movements for peace and justice, PDA played a key role in the stunning electoral victories of November 2006 and 2008. Our inside/outside strategy is guided by the belief that a lasting majority will require a revitalized Democratic Party built on firm progressive principles.